Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dr. Dutchman


We just got back from a wonderful overnight visit to our Grad School City (about an hour and a half away) where the Dutchman defended his dissertation! It was great - he was brilliant - he works with a lot of scary numbers (not in the Humanities!) so I didn't understand any of it, but it was very impressive. After his rousing success and a little cheap champagne courtesy of his department, we went for Indian food with a good friend and then I surprised him with a night in the fancy-shmancy hotel that we stayed at on our wedding night. Back then we hadn't really been able to enjoy the hotel b/c we were fairly tipsy when we got in late that night and the next morning we had to get up early to go to brunch with my crazy family. So, this was another chance! I took him to a great steak dinner with a decent bottle of California sparkling (Roederer Estate - lovin' it...) and then this afternoon I got my shockingly dark roots re-highlighted at my old hairstylist and we went out for barbeque with some other friends we haven't seen in ages. I had a pulled pork sandwich (hence the dis"grunt"led guy up there) and now I return home a happy woman.

Although I'm not that keen on having to get back to work...

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous morganlf said...

hehe...

my husband is a not humanities person as well...computer science=scary!

roderer estate is my favorite sparkling wine...mmm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home