Tuesday, May 09, 2006

M.W.A.W.O.L.

I just haven't felt like blogging in days! Just not much going on outside of finishing up the semester. So, I will fall back on bullet-points today:

1) Gave my last final today - even though I got some "dagger looks" because of how "hard" the final was, I also got a few hugs - I adore many of my students. I read A.J. Minnis the whole time - I think I might have had a more intellectually rigorous time than they did!

2) I made Stove-Top stuffing tonight for dinner. It's all about class at Chez Medieval Woman...

3) I've officially started my summer reading list (I can post or e-mail it if anyone's interested) - I'm going to have to take a break to grade my finals, though!

4) The Dutchman and I booked a snorkeling trip in St. Croix (with a funky little place called Big Beard's! Yep - we're going on the 42' catamaran with the glass bottom) and then I morbidly watched a Discovery Channel program on recent shark attacks - this I can file under the "why the hell do you do this to yourself?" tab...I just couldn't seem to change the channel...

5) We leave on Sunday to go find an apartment north of the border...we have a couple of great leads and we're meeting with many of the faculty members in the Dutchman's new department - we're really happy about the move...

6) I'm enjoying reading about K'zoo on everyone's blogs! Especially the issues that came up at the blogger forum (courtesy of Digital Medievalist et al.) - it's funny but I've also become a tad self-conscious about my posts - I only removed one, but I've become more aware of it - especially my teaching posts. But sometimes it helps just to post on something and get some great comments back - even if I end up removing it.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger History Geek said...

I enjoyed the blogger roundtable, there were some intersting points raised.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Tiruncula said...

1) I'd love to see your reading list if you feel like posting it.

2) And I mean this in the nicest possible way: The fabulous acronym that heads this post sounds exactly like the noise my cat makes before he has a hairball.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Ha! I think this means that I'm officially turning into Medieval Cat Woman - it's so funny how cats always announce when they're going to do something (puke up a furball, drink water, paw open a cabinet door) - they are at heart exhibitionists.

As soon as I get my reading list typed up (from my handwritten notes), I'll post it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home