Friday, June 23, 2006

A Sad Post...

I heard from my father today that my uncle (his brother-in-law), who has liver cancer, is not expected to make it much longer. A few days, maybe a week or two. He and my aunt have been married for 32 years.

My cousin, their only son, and his wife are due to have their first baby this weekend. She's having a scheduled C-section, so there is some control on the timing (although she was supposed to have it last weekend - not sure why it was delayed). I'm just hoping that my uncle can last long enough to see a picture of his grandson...

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger KLee said...

I'm so sorry about your uncle. It hurts to see someone you love in pain. I hope he's able to see that baby before he lets go.

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Laustic said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope he is comfortable and that he is able to meet his grandchild.

Oddly enough, I just returned today from my uncle (my father's brother's) funeral. I may blog about it...but it's been a long week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home