Friday, July 28, 2006

My cats share the same brain...


Obviously. But I was watching Lord of the Rings last night and reading an article and eating Triscuts n' cheese and I saw a twitching out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and saw both the cats curled up in their 'sleeping-sphere' positions and they were both having (what I can only assume was) the same dream. They were twitching and making little meowing noises and getting more and more agitated until they both jerked themselves off of the couch and ottoman respectively. They lay stunned on the floor for a second and then got up and went to make sure the little gremlin who lives in the house (so they think) hadn't emptied out the food dish. It was like watching furry synchronized swimming...

So, tomorrow morning at the butt crack of dawn, I get up and let the Dutchman drive me to a far away airport to go to the New Chaucer Society conference and thence to see my pop for a few days. Do your parents still ask you "what you like to eat for breakfast, etc." when you come to visit? I'm excited about the conference b/c I'm just a spectator and I'll get to see Best Friend for the duration and Old Advisor one night for dinner. I plan to stalk around the book exhibit, see a few tasty panels, and have dorky medieval fun. Today will be spent packing conference clothes as well as "hot as hell outside" t-shirts and flip-flops.

I will be out of blogging pocket for a while, but see you on the flip side!

P.S. Mini-poetry blog:

"Old"

Old is a dog.
He sits on the porch and moves with the sun.
He used to be brown, but now he's faded and scuffed like an old leather shoe.
He remembers days past in a lonely pound
Until a loving nurse rescued him.
They have grown old together and the sun has moved.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger KLee said...

Kitties! Aw! Aren't they sweet? Clumsy, apparently, but sweet! "Clumsy" isn't meant to be a put down -- I had no idea that cats could be such stumblebums until I got my current cat. She loves to nap on a table in our bedroom, and falls off constantly because she's much wider than she should be.

She also loves to wedge herself into any box you happen to leave on the florr for any length of time, and she often gets stuck. She's a total goober.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

LOL at the falling cats and at the phrase "butt crack of dawn"... my nieces used to say that but I'd never heard it from anyone else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home