Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Panic

Oh God - I just realized (now that I'm ready for bed) that I need to truly get back to work after taking what is in actuality a many, many month hiatus. Last year was my first year teaching full time and going out on the market and I must say that I didn't do any new work - I was just off the heels of my diss and I sent out an article version of one chapter, but that was pretty much it. I've been applying to conferences and I just got the off prints of my first article, but nothing fresh!

Now that the move is complete, boxes unpacked, honeymoon over, graduation tackled, etc., there's absolutely no reason to procrastinate anymore!

Someone please tell me that this stuff is like riding a bike - please tell me that "from scratch" writing and research skills will come back to me. I know this is sad and I should have been working steadily even after the hell of 6 dissertation chapters...

I don't need tough love right now - I need lies that ring true. I'll be curled up in the fetal position in the corner....

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Tiruncula said...

Oh, yes, the skills are there, bikelike, etc. Skillwise, you'll probably find things even easier when you get to start with a blank slate. Restarting is hard for everybody.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Flavia said...

I'm hyperventilating just reading this! If one of us can do it, maybe we both can.

You first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home