Thursday, July 20, 2006

Random Bullets

- Panic has passed...sort of. I'm just basically plopping myself down and reading everyday. Keep pulling at the plow, as my friend J would say (she digs Piers Plowman).

- The Dutchman brought waffles into my office today for breakfast. Sweet...

- I'm getting my highlights done today, which will perk me up.

- We're going to start going to the University's gym, which has a special cardio room with like 30 elliptical machines (plus treadmills, bikes, stairmasters, etc.). It's like Mecca for a Medieval Woman who hasn't worked out in a geological age.

I'm used to having to kick one of the undergrads off one of the 2 ellipticals that our grad school gym had. Try telling a 19 year old little girl wearing butt-floss (yes, a thong leotard) and tights that she's been on for 45 minutes and the limit is 30. She's like, "Um, I'm right in the middle of my work out and I have tons of reading (i.e., rag-mag) to do...wait, aren't you my Shakespeare TA??" At that point, I get either very self-conscious that one of my students is seeing me in my work-out clothes and I scurry away OR I can choose to pelt her with ding-dongs and start talking about how carbs can be absorbed through the skin. Then she feels "icky" and leaves.

But those days are over with 30 machines to choose from!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home