Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Recipe Blogging

Holy Cats! I almost forgot - I've been on campus today researching and my brain is overheated. This week's recipe is a sweet sensation - in honor of my poor little teeth that will one day be put to rights - in a month! That's the earliest they can get me in, unless there's a cancellation. I can hold out until then - but not if I indulge in these little babies! For even more fun with sugar and spice, check out Hilaire's plum cake...

These are so good and so easy - my mom used to make 'em back when I was just "Medieval Toddler". They're great for parties, too...

*Baby Cheesecakes*
Serves: around 6-8
- 3 eight oz. pkgs. cream cheese
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 4 jumbo eggs
- splash of vanilla
- Nilla Wafers
- fruit pie filling from a can OR fresh fruit OR Nutella...

* Mix together with a hand mixer the cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
* Add the vanilla.

* Put paper cupcake cups into 2 muffin pans - put a Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each cup.
* Fill each cup 2/3 full with cheese mixture.
* Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until they start to crack a bit on top.
* Top them with pie filling and serve slightly chilled.

Yup - it's that simple. But, if you make this recipe within the next 20 minutes, you'll get another easy cream cheese recipe FREE! Okay, I'll give it to you anyway...

*Klinka's Crab Dip* (not the same one I gave to Tiruncula for her birthday...)
- 1 eight oz. pkg. cream cheese (room temp!)
- 2-3 tbsp. picante sauce
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish (I add a touch more)
- 1 can crab meat, drained

* Beat first 3 ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
* Fold in the crab meat.
* Serve with crackers or those yummy little oblong crostini thingys that come in a bag...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Tiruncula said...

Medieval Toddler lol!

And another dip, this time with horseradish! I looooove horseradish. Sometimes I even eat store-bought gefilte fish for lunch just so I can have horseradish with it.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Hilaire said...

Those cheesecakes sounds great and easy...I'll be using this recipe, thanks.

And, I've been inspired by you to post a recipe today, too!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Glad you like crab AND horseradish, T! I'm kinda dippy...(ha! *snort*!)

I just linked to your fabulous sounding plum cake, Hilaire!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home