Thursday, August 17, 2006

Great News!

Ich am stunnede...ich am gobbesmakked...ich am fulle of mirthe....

Some of you might remember my interactions with a journal that has had my article for a long time. Well, last night, after much backing and forthing, I heard from the editor that he was able to give me a decision based on the one reader's report that they were able to get and he's said that, although they can't accept the article as it stands now, that they would like me to revise and resubmit it and he thought there was a strong chance that they would be able to publish it! He said that it was a very interesting and well-written piece and he "strongly urged" me to make the corrections and send it back - now, that's definitely not a provisional acceptance or anything, but it's better than a categorical "NO!" Woo-hoo!

I looked at the reader's report today and it is thorough, intelligent and quite helpful. The comments are largely about contextualization - I need to take into account some other recent scholarship on another version of the piece I'm examining (bibliographical info on these sources was kindly provided by said reader!) and there were a few wording queries and a couple of places where I needed to make an implicit point explicit, support a loony thing I was saying or edit it out, etc. But it was very painless and I should be able to make the revisions in less than a couple of weeks!

Sorry about the horn tooting - I'm just very happy about this news!!

9 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Laustic said...

Congratulations, Medieval Woman! I look forward to reading the article once it's out there in the exchange circuits!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Thanks, Laustic! Let's hope it makes it all the way - how ya been??

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Flavia said...

That's so great! Congratulations on a much-deserved piece of good news.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Hilaire said...

Excellent news!! Congraulations.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Woo hoo!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger molly said...

By all means, blow your own horn. Feel good about yourself, this is exciting news!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Bardiac said...

Fantastic, congrats!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Dr. Richard Scott Nokes said...

Huzzah!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Dear All - thanks so much for the collective back-pats and congrats - I am putting along on my revisions and we'll see what the next stage brings!

Dr. Nokes - welcome! I verymuch enjoy your blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home