Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ouch...

The sun is too bright....can we turn down the sun? Is it on a dimmer? Ugh....

I am hungover (slightly - just enough to be annoying and make me completely unproductive). We had a fantastic party last night - around 40 people all told and they brought beer and wine in addition to what we laid in, so we have TONS left over, and then some! The Dutchman was sitting in the kitchen late last night with a heavenly glow on his face counting out the bottles of beer that remained like Scrooge McDuck counting out pieces of gold. He was placing them in categories: "1, 2, 3....Canadian....Dutch.....Canadian...oh, wait! That's a Hoegaarden!....Belgian....*clink, clink*" Most of the food is, alas, gone the way of the dodo, but there are a few choice pieces left that I ferreted away.

I don't remember drinking enough to make my tongue feel furry. It's always a mystery how a body will metabolize alcohol - but I know what I need to make myself feel better: junk food. And we just so happen to have had a party last night - and we didn't serve carrot sticks! (Actually, there were carrot sticks, but there was also 7-layer dip which sounds much better right now). So, I'm going to go soak in the tub, read US Magazine (have Brangelina split up yet?), and then I'm going to sit on the couch and watch "Auntie Mame" and eat leftover cupcakes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Laustic said...

Ahhhh...Scrooge McDuck. I love it!

For me, Wendy's hamburgers cure the hangover bug. With a Frosty of course!

Feel better.

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous morganlf said...

I love having a greasy-spoon breakfast to help hangovers. There's something about grease and sweets that really helps the alcohol-filled tummy.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

I did have Wendy's last night and it was awesome - I'm completely down with sweets and grease as well.

Now I have to make up for all the work I didn't do yesterday!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Ancrene Wiseass said...

I'm glad the housewarming went so well--and that you now have adequate supplies for self-medicating as necessary in the future!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home