Sunday, August 13, 2006

sniff, sniff...

I'm gettig a code....in my node..... [trans: "I'm getting a cold in my nose"] I'm all stuffy and shvitsy and chilled. It's a gorgeous day of about 75 outside and I'm cold! And I can't pronounce any nasals (hence my stilted attempt at transcribing a "cold vernacular" above). Ugh...sniff....

In other news, we had our first official "BBQ Dinner Party" last night with our new "friends" - it was 2 couples and their 2 kids (1 per couple) - it was lovely. We had a great time and I like them all. Considering that we spent last year in SLAC town never once having dinner or drinks with a colleague (no one lived in town and they were nice, but not very social), this is a very welcome change.

I'm going to go try to chip away at my article while I wait for my decongestant to kick in. And then I will continue to work on my article, but I will be breathing through my nose and not my mouth. I feel like a panting wildebeest when I'm stuffed up...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger molly said...

panting wildebeest, very decriptive, I feel for you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home