Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Recipe Blogging - Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh my!

I am becoming terribly remiss in my recipe blogging - I've been working on a topic for this collection all day and I just remembered that I needed to post a recipe. At the moment we're taking a break and watching The Wizard of Oz - the Dutchman has never seen it!

This is an amazing squash casserole - we ate this tonight for dinner and it keeps extremely well in the fridge.

Squash Casserole

- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 lbs. zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom if you want to make it vegetarian)
- 8 oz. of stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted

1) In a sauce pan cool sliced squash and onion in boiling water for 5 minutes.
2) Combine soup and sour cream in a large bowl.
3) Drain onion and squash well after they've cooked for the 5 minutes; mix the squash and onion into the soup mixture.
4) Combine the stuffing mix and melted butter in another bowl.
5) Spread 1/2 of stuffing mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish
6) Spoon the vegetable mixture on top of the stuffing.
7) Sprinkle the rest of the stuffing mix on top.
8) Bake it at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until it's heated through and brown and bubbly.

I've realized that most of my recipes involve soup of some sort! I do actually make more complicated things sometimes! And I think deep thoughts about academia while I'm doing it, too :)

But for now, I'm off to see the Wizard...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Hilaire said...

That sounds like such good comfort food. Yum. The Wizard of Oz - so funny! I was just last night - i.e. probably while you were watching it - thinking about it at some length. And about how I should watch it again soon.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger medieval woman said...

It's on again tonight and tomorrow night on TBS!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home