Friday, November 24, 2006

Post-Bird Recipe Blog

As I climb up out of my starchy food-induced coma, blink several times in the sunlight, drop the empty box of Stove-Top Stuffing I've been clutching all night in the blue bin (we always recycle), and eat another piece of pumpkin pie (for good measure), I'm finally feeling a little more like myself.

I realize that it's not just Friday, it's the Friday. The one after Thanksgiving. The one that marks the true beginning of the "holiday" season. I know that you're all out shopping, but when you get home you might be hungry. But what to recipe blog? I don't have any creative ideas for leftover turkey (except eating it) and a simple salad, while that might be the best thing for my traumatized digestive system, just doesn't seem realistic with all that good food still in the fridge.

But, there is something that you put ON salad that tastes yummy and hides all of those vitamins you inhale when you eat vegetables. This little number turns "salad" into *SALAD, Baby!*

Homemade Kick-Booty Blue Cheese Dressing*
- 1 pint mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's Blue Ribbon)
- 4 oz. buttermilk
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (from a bottle is okay)
- 3/4 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper (this is a ridiculous measurement, but I type it as my mom scrawled it many moons ago - just add them to taste...)
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 lb. blue cheese crumbles

1) Mix all the ingredients together well except blue cheese.
2) Fold in the blue cheese crumbles after it's all mixed.
3) Chill for at least an hour and keep it refrigerated.

I know this is a difficult recipe (hee!) but it's honestly the best goop on the planet. It goes with veggies, Tostito chips, shoe leather, anything.

*I cannot divulge which restaurant gave me this recipe because men in black suits will come and take me away forever. Their numbers are legion and they mean business...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home