Thursday, November 09, 2006

R.B.O.F.

Fluff patrol is on duty...

I have had a lovely day today - this might be because I'm looking back through my day having just had 3 glasses of nice wine and a slice of chocolate mousse cake, but I'm going with it and assuming that my perception is not in the slightest bit impaired.

1) I went to a medieval talk today given by a lovely Frenchman who made absolutely no sense, but who wore a bow tie, so that's cool. It was nice to be there and be a part of the community.

2) I went out for drinks (and snacks) with the medievalist in my department and had a lovely time - we chatted, gossiped, and she's asked me to think about contributing something to a collection she's editing with big-honkin'-name medievalists. It's not my focus at all, but I'm willing to have a go and see if I can come up with a proposal!

3) Tomorrow I'm having lunch with another medievalist to chat and exchange teaching material for a course I'm teaching next semester.

4) I got my first job nibble today - nothing major - but a nice pick-me-up nonetheless.

5) I looked adorable today - new purple sweater and chocolate cropped pants with cute cuffs.

6) I woke up today in a world where the U.S. Congress is now dominated by Democrats (no matter the recount, I still think we've got it in the bag). Also, Rumsfeld is no longer Sec. of Defense. Happy, happy, joy, joy...

Nothin' else going on - but today was a good day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Hilaire said...

Gosh - *what* an awesome day. It all sounds fab!! Such good news on the collection and the new medieval friend and the job front!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home