Monday, November 06, 2006

"Under a Loggia" - Summer Trip


Too early to plan a summer trip you say?? Hell, no! In fact, because school up here gets out in late April (yep!) and K'zoo is in early May, we have a full 4 months of summer holiday (we make up for this by having a highly truncated Christmas break, which I'm fine with).

So, we are renting a small villa in Tuscany with (at least) two other couples from Holland! Oh, yeah - we're doin' it. They are very good friends of the Dutchman for many years and we never really get to see them - so, we all decided to go away to a Tuscan villa for about 7-10 days! D and I will combine it with a trip to Florence for a week or so and probably a few days in Holland on one end or the other. And the best part is that one of the Dutch friends is doing all the research on finding a place, etc.! I think we'll go in late May or early June...

I'm so excited - I've never been to Italy! There are visions of A Room with a View dancing through my head....

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

This is so unbearably cool. Remind me to make friends with you before your next trip... Actually we've been planning to do the exact same thing with friends of ours, but have never gotten past the planning stage; things just keep coming up. I'm glad you guys actually went for it! Can't wait to see some villa-blogging. :)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Hilaire said...

That's so wonderful!! What a great thing to look forward to. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home