Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday Recipe Blogging

This will probably be my last post for a while - what with the holidays, mom being in town (who talks non stop), the MLA, and post-MLA drinking, it's going to be hectic. I'll probably see all of you on the flip side!

At any rate, for this final recipe blog of 2006, I'm giving you a recipe of my favorite holiday candy. I used to consume scandalous amounts of this stuff and it always makes me jolly (and resemble a bowl full of jelly...)!

Divinity
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar

1. In a sauce pan, mix first 4 ingredients; slowly bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Cook to "hardball" stage (?) - approx. 260 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff; gradually pour hot syrup over egg whites, beating constantly.
4. Beat in vanilla and powdered sugar.
5. Pour in a buttered square or oblong cake pan and let it set until firm.

Happy Holidays!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home