Monday, December 04, 2006

Let it snow...please!

It's so cold outside.

It's snowing a bit, but it's the feathery, light, whispy flakes that don't stick. I want the fat, soggy, Chevy-sized flakes that stick and create many inches of snow-covering. I love the snow because it muffles everything. It softens all of the hard edges and corners. The world becomes fluffy. One of the Dutchman's and my favorite things to do is go for a walk after a big snowfall. We both have great coats, great boots, and bright stocking caps. He doesn't mind shoveling the snow off the car and we have 4-wheel drive, so the snow is not a hassle for us (now, I've never lived in Fargo, ND with 10 feet of snow for months or anything...).

As I sit here listening to ABBA Gold and working on the "monster conference paper that will not die" (why do I keep cutting sections and then adding more sections?? I'm *never* going to get it short enough!), I really want to be putting up Christmas decorations. I know it's early, but I love this time of year and I love decorating for it. For the first time, we have a (non-working) fireplace and I can hang our 4 stockings (mine, the Dutchman's, and the Furballs') on the mantle. We have chosen a corner of the living room for the tree and we've identified a good Xmas tree farm.

I think that Christmas is even more special to me over the last couple of years because we got engaged on Christmas eve 2 years ago (kinda spur of the moment - I proposed to him, he said yes, he went to get a haircut and came back and proposed to me). Then we went over to our friends' Annual Xmas Chili Party that night and got to announce it to all our closest friends.

But, regardless of how much I want to deck the halls, this pill of a paper must come first, so I'll go back to pruning...(*groan*)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Hilaire said...

Don't worry, you will be getting plenty o' snow...you're in the snow belt, after all! I have one of my scariest snow memories from your city.

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous New Kid on the Hallway said...

Heh, I asked LDH to marry me, too!

Good luck with the paper (and I want snow too!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home