Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Okay - MLA Update...

I have been waiting for the time when that stupid sabotaged wiki post list would tell me (in all its truth-giving power) that all votes are in and all schools have called. It seems to be the case in my field now, so I feel confident in posting that I have several extremely awesome interviews lined up for MLA. In fact, I got all the schools I was really hoping for.

I've never experienced this before - first year, I had less interviews but that included a couple I'd have been interested in. Last year I had twice that amount, but only one that I was even remotely excited about. This year, I applied to only 15 jobs (as opposed to my previous 29 - it was a slim year, I think) and have a final number in the middle of my previous two years, but they're all schools that I am completely psyched about - all jobs that I would jump at the chance to take.

So, all options are open and I'm using my Magic 8-Ball to divine the interview questions I'm most likely to get. I'm on market cloud-9 for now...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Tiruncula said...

That's such fantastic news! Good luck!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Yay for you (and well deserved)!! Best of luck!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

Congratulations, and here's wishing for a successful MLA for you!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Flavia said...

Congrats & good luck! I'm so looking forward to meeting up, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home