Thursday, January 04, 2007

R.B.O.C.*


The Dutchman left today to go to his big conference semi-far away, which means that I am eating crackers and peanut butter in front of the TV instead of making a real meal. There might be pizza delivery in my future as well.

I miss him already, but he'll be back on Sunday. It shocks me a tad to think that we might have to get used to living far apart very soon. I was annoying him last night when we were in bed (not in that way!) because I kept reading him snippets of Susan Bordo's Unbearable Weight while he was trying to do a Sudoku puzzle. I couldn't resist! It's SUCH a good book - even her preface to the 10th Anniversary edition is great. It's rare to read a book and constantly be nodding and underlining and screaming silently to yourself, "I KNOW!"

Other random bits of crappage:

1. For some reason, the Furballs are licking the furniture these days. Does anyone's cat ever do that? Just lick random things? Like plastic bags, lampshades, etc.? They're such freaks and I need to take them in to get their 6 month blood work done soon (I'm already a bit over due on that). They both have had kidney issues (ranging from mild to major surgery and removal of one), so I want to keep an eye on their kidney function. I've posted a pic of them above b/c I haven't done it in a while.

2. Our Christmas tree is now officially dry as tinder. I need to undecorate it and we need to take the thing outside, but I don't want to have to try to shlep the thing around myself (pricklys!). I daren't even turn the lights on anymore for fear of spontaneous combustion! Ugh, Sunday, when the Dutchman arrives home, he will help...

3. I've had to cancel a couple of my classes for my flyback - I hate to do it (sorta), but there was no other way for me to get from here to there and still teach these classes. Once again, these little snafus are bound to endear me to my students.

4. Speaking of students, blogging of "substance" (i.e., not random musings about my faux sabbatical) should resume on this blog soon, as classes start next week. I'm teaching 2 totally new courses at a new institution, so there's bound to be lots of blog-fodder! I have 130 students this semester.

Not much else! Recipe blogging will continue tomorrow...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Hilaire said...

The cats are so lovely!

I can't wait to hear about your classes - and to hear how you handle cavalier TA!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Earnest English said...

Love Unbearable Weight! Just love it! Can't wait to hear about your classes and students. School for us starts next week too!

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous mythoclast said...

The words to the right of the cat picture (are they siblings?) could almost be poetry, heh heh.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Mythoclast, yep the kitties are litter mates and twins!

Thanks for the encouragement on teaching, guys - we'll see how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home