Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesday Night Freak - C'est chic?

Yesterday's rationale about the notification habits of Dream Academy is losing steam right now. After all, they *did* say the 8th or 9th. But is this just a guideline? And who's to say that last year's committee's humane practice of notifying all MLA interviewed candidates of their status at once has set a precedent for this year?? Am I jumping the gun? Has anyone else known schools who have failed to stick to their "magical date" guns?? I.e., to call later than anticipated??

Obviously I didn't get a call today. And I'm finding it nearly impossible to write my lecture for tomorrow's class on a subfield that I don't know much about. I want to just concentrate on my one great flyout and stop the fetishizing already! I also don't know any of the details (job talk parameters, etc.) for my flyout and I go a week from tomorrow.

Gulp. My euphoria lately is so short-lived...

Note to Self: stop bitching

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger jb said...

Argh that sucks! The waiting is awful. And I have no words of comfort because I'm still hoping to hear from a school that promised campus visit notifications by January 2. (Well, they didn't exactly *promise*, so....) Maybe they're all just slackers, right? Good luck!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

jb? jb, is that you??

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger jb said...

It is! It is me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home