Friday, February 02, 2007

Done Deal!

Well, I have accepted the job offer! I am officially employed as an Assistant Professor - yay! The "Hail Mary" pass at Dutchman U turned out to be a no-go (as expected), so I emailed just now and accepted the newly negotiated offer with the New Dream Academy. The Dutchman is a little blue about this and is having a beer with a few friends - it will take us both a few days to get our minds around it. But in the end, I think it will end up opening more doors for us both. A joint search from two tenure-track positions trumps most everything else!

So, thanks again for all your advice and support! I will do a Recipe Blog tomorrow, I'm going to relax and NOT cook tonight! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger jb said...

Yay! Congratulations! It's too bad that you guys won't be together next year, of course. But it seems pretty clear that this is the right thing to do, and I'm sure you'll weather it fine--and wind up with a great same-town situation very soon!

(PS-I've decided to give this whole Blogging Endeavor a try. Not sure if I'll keep it up, but it's interesting so far, and all the kids ARE doing it. Swing by if you're interested...the link's available through my personal info.)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Ancrene Wiseass said...

Hooray!

Being separated from the Dutchman is going to be hard on you both, I know, but I'm so pleased that you've got this opportunity!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous mythoclast said...

Wow, congratulations!! Wicked.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger HeoCwaeth said...

I'm catching up with all the happy news today. So I offer you a three-part congratulations!!!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Bardiac said...

Congratulations!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Another Damned Medievalist said...

Congrats, and I promise, 3 hours is at least do-able. I've been struggling with 6 hours (plus getting to airports and the extra time for international flights), and the time and expense are truly detrimental.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home