Saturday, March 17, 2007

Grading Ghetto

I had to forego Friday Recipe Blogging this week because I've been eating nothing but take-out Chinese and pizza for the past few days. Recipes? Cooking? Chopping? Alien concepts to me now....

I am keeping warm and fully insultated under the pile of papers I have to grade this weekend - 50 by Wednesday and I'm getting another 30 on Monday. So, blogging will be patchy for the next couple of days and Friday Recipe Blogging will be back at its regularly scheduled spot next week.

On the lighter side, the Dutchman and I have decided to spend 4 days in Paris after our week in Tuscany! This sounds terribly cosmopolitan, but it's really just that we're flying through Paris and have decided to stay there for a bit of a stop-over. We were trying to go to the Italian lake region (Lake Como, etc.) but every hotel room within a 200 mile radius is booked 8-9 months in advance. So, if we can't find any room at their inns, we can darn well find one in Paris, the city that's never booked!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Oooo, let me know when you're there! I'll be there during the second half of June - it'd be fun to have an international blogger meetup.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Oh shoot! We'll be there the second half of May - bummer! But, I tell you what - I will leave a little scavenger hunt of notes for you all over Paris - *mwhahahahahaha*! Just kidding - an international blogger meet-up must take place at some point. What good international conferences do we all go to??

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Sisyphus said...

what lovely rocks you have as your background! How do you change that part of the template?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Hi, S - I actually spent an absurd amount of time figuring out how to do this and looking for cool textural images online.

The background image in the template is pretty easy to find - it's one of the first things listed under the "body" section.

On the line after "background image", I put this line of code:

url('http://www.bigfoto.com/sites/
galery/photos7/wall-stones.jpg');

The url is the image of the stones I found and thought were cool. That site, www.bigfoto.com, has a lot of great background-y images. I think I did a search on "textural background images" or something. And even a small jpg will be repeated to fill the entire background. If you look closely at my background, you'll see that the image is a smaller one that repeats. Sometimes you can't really tell and with other images is looks slightly odd.

Thanks for coming by!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Ooo, ooo, yes, leave me little notes! I'll go on a medieval-woman scavenger hunt in Paris.

Otherwise I don't really go to any international conferences, though I'll be at a thing in Liverpool in July, just before or after (I forget which) Leeds...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home