Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm One!



Today is my first blogiversary! Good god, I totally remember the day I started my blog - where I was sitting, what I was doing, etc. I was reading about the job market and all its attendant woes on the Chronicle and somehow I made it over to Flavia's blog (she was still La Lecturess back in those days) and I wanted to write a comment, but I had to have a blogger account to do it. So, I started "a blog" and it grew from there. Wow.

I had plans to write a deep post on this day; reflections about the past year, plans for the future. It's brought me a t-t job, first publications, new neuroses I never even knew existed, and a new car, among other things.

But it's actually 2:30am and I still haven't gone to bed yet. So, I'll save the deep reflecting for later and go reflect on a Tylenol PM.

Thanks for still reading my ramblings!

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous What Now? said...

Happy blogiversary! Wow -- so much has happened for you in the intervening year. And I look forward to reading about your continuing adventures.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Tiruncula said...

Happy blogiversary from me, too!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Happy blogiversary! It's been a great year and I've really enjoyed reading you.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Hilaire said...

Happy blogiversary!

I am damn happy that you're here!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger squadratomagico said...

Happy blogiversary!

May you have as many exciting changes in the coming year as you did over the past one!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Flavia said...

Happy blogiversary--I'm so glad to know you!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger History Geek said...

Happy blogiversary!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Sisyphus said...

Happy blogiversary!

Thanks for the web template tips! (but don't expect to actually see any changes at my place until I desperately need to procrastinate something, heh.)

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Thank you all for your blogiversary wishes - I'm really happy to have "met" all of you as well! (2 irl - and YAY Hilaire is coming to play this weekend!). It's lovely being part of this community in so many ways - I wouldn't be a blog without you guys, I think. If a tree blogs in the woods and there's no one around to read it, does it still...make whatever sounds a blog makes? Clicking? Squeaking? Chirping?

Anyway - thanks! :)

My teaching week is over and my brains are addled...

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Bardiac said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday :)

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Dr. Virago said...

wanted to write a comment, but I had to have a blogger account to do it. So, I started "a blog" and it grew from there.

Ha! That's the same reason I started a blog, too!

Happy Blogiversary!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

And this blog begat that blog who begat that blog and that one over there....and then there were many blogs and god saw it was good.

:)

I'm glad to hear others got their start that way!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Carolingian said...

Hi, I just recently discovered your blog and congrats! Hopefully others will make it to their first blogiversary too :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger medieval woman said...

Hi Carolingian, thanks for stopping by!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Only 1? Congrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home