Thursday, March 08, 2007

Site Meter Snafu?

I think my site meter is on the fritz - it's not recording any hits since yesterday at 6am. But I've had comments since then - and I know that at least I've accessed my blog since then.

Should I take it off and reinstall it? Has anyone ever had this happen, where their sitemeter just decides to stop recording visits?

I refuse to believe that not a single person reads my blog all of a sudden... :)

Update (5:41pm EST)

Argh! Thank you for letting me know! I went from my usual amount (give or take) on Tuesday to 4 yesterday and then 0 today. I actually read through my last few posts to make sure that I hadn't said anything objectionable or mean (like, "I squash snails with glee!" or "I am the blog Satan incarnate and anyone who reads future posts will die in 3 days!").

But I didn't - and I'm glad you're still there! :) I'll just wait and see if it catches up....

Oh, god, but I've just pathetically outed myself on how much I look at my sitemeter!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger jb said...

Hey! I read your blog!

Don't know how to fix the meter, though.

Speaking of site meters, I had a weird thing like a week ago, where every time I posted something, I'd immediately get about 10 hits--simultaneously--from 10 different locations in China. This was especially weird considering the US-China time difference; it would mean that a whole pack of unrelated people were looking at my blog at 4:00 am.

It made me nervous.

But it's stopped, now.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Hilaire said...

Hey, you know what? This happened to me a month or two ago. The sitemeter got sooooo behind that it was taking three days for visits to register. And eventually it just stopped...it fixed itself. I have no idea what happened. But anyway, I suspect that yours will do the same thing if you just wait it out...

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I'm here! I'm here!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger History Geek said...

I'm here too! My site meter is having the same problem too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home